Eric is a lifelong South Florida resident who has a true passion for construction and everything that comes along with it. With over 20 years of overall experience in South Florida Real Estate, Real Estate Investment Consulting, Construction Management, hands on construction early on, Engineering Design, Structural Inspections for low, mid and high-rise buildings as well as a former plans examiner for a Building Department, he provides a broad vision of how these markets are intricately tied together in a way that very few people truly can. This, combined with outside of the box thinking, gets things taken care of in a manner that will ultimately save Clients capital and in a way that will help maximize returns. On a personal level, Eric is an avid boater and loves to travel with his wife of over 16 years, Maria, and their 2 children. As would be expected, he makes it an important point to try and visit the largest structure in every city or town he has visited.
- M.S. Degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Florida
- Graduate Certificate in Engineering Entrepreneurship from the University of Florida
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering from Florida Atlantic University
- A.A. Degree in Engineering from Broward Community College
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Florida
- Licensed Threshold Building Inspector in the State of Florida
- Licensed Florida Building Inspector
- Licensed Florida Building Plans Examiner
- Licensed Florida Real Estate Sales Associate
- ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician Certification
- ICC Certified Master of Special Inspection
- ICC Certified Reinforced Concrete Special Inspector
- ICC Certified Pre-stressed Concrete Special Inspector
- ICC Certified Soils Special Inspector
- ICC Certified Structural Steel and Bolting Special Inspector
- ICC Certified Structural Masonry Special Inspector
- ICC Certified Structural Welding Special Inspector
- State Board of Education Rules and Standards, State Requirements for Educational Facilities (SREF) Certified
- Florida Engineering Society Broward Chapter Past President
- School Board of Broward County Small Business Advisory Committee Member.
Daniel Ruiz, E.I., is a Project Engineer for The Zonum Group. He is a University of Florida Alumni, who graduated with honors, Cum Laude. Daniel brings a broad spectrum of experience to the company as a creative and outside of the box thinker. Details of his experience are in civil engineering design, project management, construction management and forensic engineering. He is also very experienced engineering software and Autocad. He has been involved in the design process for several drainage and utility engineering projects. His experience ranges from large-scale neighborhood improvement programs to private land development plans. During his 5 years at the University of Florida, he recruited and managed a team of 3 engineers to compete in a statewide engineering design challenge, where his team placed 4th. He was also the co-founder of “The Wells Project”, a club that helped fundraise money to build water wells in Rwanda. Daniel is an excellent and dedicated engineer to his firm. On a personal level, he is also very passionate about serving his local and international community using his engineering and management skills. Having lived in Europe for a short period of time, he considers himself an avid traveler and loves to apply his experiences to make designs as efficient and as elegant as possible.
Paola Ruiz is the office administrator for the Zonum Group. She is a Florida International University graduate. Paola brings organization and administrative skills to the company. She has over 8 years of experience with costumer service. She ensures the office is running smoothly and oversees the general operations of the company. She is in charge of coordinating appointments, scheduling, invoicing, and making sure the office is being run efficiently. Paola is in charge of communicating with clients, prioritizing their satisfaction and placing their requisites first. On a personal level, she enjoys painting and reading in her free time. She also loves traveling and learning from different cultures.